Monday, 8 October 2012

Through the Ether: A Steampunk Triptych by Deborah


 
 

This triptych features Stampendous Phone Lady and Phone Gent and the balloon from IndigoBlu Grand Tour III.

After stamping them onto white card I masked them using post-it notes. Then stamped in the background (and on the cogs) using a variety of stamps from Indigo BluGrand Tour III, Character Constructions She Sells Seashells Plate 12 and Kanban (the London and Jasper stamp plates I used aren’t on the web site now but there are other steampunk/time themed sets in the Kanban section that would work equally well).  I also added a couple of steampunk rub-ons from my stash to fill gaps. I coloured everything with ProMarkers and then dabbed Distress Stains over the top to grunge it up.

Also used: Sizzix Rounded Tag dies; Tim Holtz cog dies (but you could use his Mini Gears and Sprocket Gears fixed with his Long or Mini Fasteners instead). I cut my arches three times, in white card, in heavy cardboard and in printed paper for backing (to hide the tape that holds them together). I used a charcoal pencil to draw in the wires linking the cogs.
 
Deborah

5 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah, this is stunning, beautiful stamped, great to see colours on a steam punk piece. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab triptych and I agree with Ephemera about the use of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massively inventive and colourful as ever Deborah. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow WOW deb this is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever Deb. The colours and the concept are fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...