Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Steambot: a Postcard by Deborah



 

I’ve been making lots of monoprints lately using a speedball brayer, stencils/templates and acrylic paints. They make great backgrounds for stamping onto.

I stamped the robotic man and words from PaperArtsy Hot Pick 1110 - and for his Mohican chose the lightbulbs from My Mind’s Eye - Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing - onto an orangey background, using Jet Black Archival Ink. I cut them out and glued them to one of my monoprint backgrounds.

The sun from Lynne Perrella Collection 005 is coloured with Sandstone ProMarker and some cogs die are cut from another monoprint then stamped with the starburst from My Mind’s Eye Indie Chic - Ginger - Pictures using Adirondack Cranberry and Terracotta dye inks.

To finish, I added dots of Cosmic Shimmer Black Pearl PVA. The secret to getting such dainty dots – squeeze too hard on a blocked nozzle so that the lid bursts off and deposits a great puddle of pva on your work surface! I used the end of a pokey tool to pick up tiny blobs of the PVA (and have attempted to scoop up as much PVA as possible and put it in a small jar).

I matted the lot onto orange card which I grunged up with Wild Honey Distress Stain, before stamping the bottom of the buildings stamp from Hot Pick 1110 along the edges.
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Love his lightbulb mohican, fab stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, fantastic mono print background and what a 'bright' idea to use light bulbs for his mohican. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool... and the lightbulb Mohican is a genius touch!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...