Friday, 12 October 2012

Halloween Shrine by Paula Tidman


 
 

I have come over all spooky for this design project. I don't own many Halloween style stamps or bits and bobs, so I improvised a bit with this. I found an old box frame that had been lurking in my craft cupboard for ages and decided to give it a Halloween makeover.
After seeing the lovely texture that Liesbeth Fidder achieved in the current Craft Stamper magazine, I decided to try it on my box frame. I used texture paint and some scrunched up kitchen towel to create the rough bumpy surface, then coated with black gesso. I used Fresco Finish Paints in Butternut, London Night and Pansy and dabbed randomly on the frame, then added some Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powder and a touch of gilders paste in silver.

 

 
I used Distress inks in Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concord, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot and the spritz and flick technique on smooth stamping card and then used the following stamps:
I used ultra thick embossing enamel on the bottles and Felinus and glued to the frame with strong glue.
I painted a small box (that had contained raisins) with black gesso and added a piece of dyed muslin.
 
Paula

11 comments:

  1. An amazing project...I Love IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!! The texture, colours and all the little details are just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wooow, Paula, I am speechless! Gorgeous frame, super hot colours - all looks so lush! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the 3.D adds, like the raisin box, and the muslin-the colours are hot and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally brilliant, Paula. Love the idea of the raisin box :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally amazing Paula, just love how you created the background colouring to your stamping
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...