Friday, 19 October 2012

Fashion in Orange by Alan Scott


 
 
 
This main image is becoming a very, very firm favourite. It's from a set of stamps by Graphic 45 called Ladies Diary 2. I have also used Hot Off The Press - Lace and Doilies stamp set.

MATERIALS USED

MAKE UP THE CARD
This card can be broken into 3 stages. Firstly the card base. Using an embossing folder, make an impression all over the card face. Now you may not have an 8x8 embossing folder but by careful placing of a smaller embossing folder, you can move the card and create a interesting background. Even by placing the card onto a mouse mat and then the folder on top you can use a rolling pin and make an impression. So there are ways round all situations!
When you're happy with what you have done, take one of the Distress Ink Pads and a soft blending brush and lay down a layer of colour. This is just to give a little definition and not to be a heavy main focal point.
Now let's make the next layer. Using the Pan Pastels, I started in one corner with the yellow, then turning it around, I laid a layer of red. The middle was a layer of orange. I was not bothered at this stage about the blending of the colours - this would be done when I had placed the bands. Taking the yellow, I started to blend it in with the orange -what you're after is a blend while still keeping the colour blocks. Like wise, I took the orange and then did the same with the red section and made it blend into each other.
Next I took my chosen stamp from the Lace and Doilies Stamp Set and inked it up with the VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad and built up a pattern. I visually cut the card into half (DON'T CUT! ITS JUST A VISUAL THING!). I then used the Yellow Ochre Shade lightly over the stamped impression. It's just like heat embossing - the image just appears like magic. Then I finished the bottom half and the fill in spots that I decided that would fill in the back ground.
Next I took a clean white rubber (if you would like to know what I used please send me a message) and started to remove some of the Pan Pastels from selected areas, just to give a little bit of interest.
When you're happy, place the card into a spray booth (the one I use is a cardboard here) and give the card a thin layer of hair spray to fix it into place.
The last card project is the main image. Using the VersaMark Pad, I stamped the stamp onto some good quality white card stock. Then I covered it in black embossing powder - the magic happened again when I used the heat gun and this time, I heated from under the image, as it had a lot of fine detail and I didn't want to loose any embossed lines.
Using the Rusty Hinge and Dried Marigold, I built up a distressed edge all around. I wanted to go for a darker corner look, just like you get in some old photographs. I added some dimensional foam on the back to give some height.

LETS BUILD UP THE CARD
Using a good strong wet clear glue, I secured the first layer with the Pan Pastels designs onto the card front. I wanted to use a good wet glue, as I'm going to be securing this onto a embossed card and there would be ridges.
The next this was to measure the ribbon so that it was just wider than the card front. Putting some strong double sided tape on the inside of the ribbon and this was repeated with the smaller ribbon.
Then the final thing was to place the stamped topper onto the card (Just to give you a tip, place some strong wet glue onto the dimensional foam. This will give you some movement, so you can move it a little to make sure the placement is what you want).
Hope this might inspire you to mix and match. The Lace and Doilies is a card set I have had for 12 months, however the Ladies Diary has only been in my collection for 3 weeks. So don't be scared to mix and use up stamps both new and old. You can bring things together by using colour.
Any question please send me a message and I will do my best to help you.
Alan

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pan pastel resist background - love all the oranges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...