Monday, 1 October 2012

ATC Topper Cards by Deborah


 
 

If you’re really stuck for a card idea, why not use ATCs as toppers and take it from there? I made three out of bounds ATCs (ie with bits sticking out from the standard 2” x 3” format), using one of my painted background papers (using Eco Green paints) and various stamped images and die cuts. For the mattes, I sorted through my stash for rectangles of card run through embossing folders and coloured with Dylusions Sprays and Distress Inks.

Left: I stamped the words from IndigoBlu: Grand Tour III twice in Dusty Concord Distress ink. I already had the image of the face from Lynne Perrella Collection 8 cut out and coloured in, so I simply stuck it down, together with a Sizzix branch die cut and a sun stamp from Lynne Perrella Collection 5. I added a ‘crown’ from Lynne Perrella Collection 6 and a painted, die cut butterfly (Martha Stewart). Before adhering it to the embossed matte, I edged the ATC with the Dusty Concord.

Centre: I glued a stamped scrap vertically onto my ATC, then stamped Lost Coast Designs - Skull with Wings in Jet Black Archival and coloured with acrylic paint and water soluble pastels. After cutting it out and gluing it on top, I stamped the crowns and writing from Lynne Perrella Collection 11 and inked around the edge of the ATC in black. Once I had mounted it to the embossed matte, I added a die cut swirl.

Right: A collage of stamped images from Lynne Perrella Collections 7, 8 and 9; the bottle from PaperArtsy - Hot Pick 1109; flower stalk from Character Constructions - The Bee Keepers Tea Collection - Plate 8. They were coloured in with a mixture of Distress Stains, coloured pencils and water soluble pastels. The butterfly was die cut from one of my painted papers that had been stamped with the dots from Creative Expressions - Vintage Heart (Sam Poole).
 
Deborah

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should check before pushing the 'enter' button...sorry about the deleted post above. Anyhow, wonderful use of ATC's....really love how youve used them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set, love the middle one

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fab as cards on the textured backgrounds - great set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, love the colours and the images. Hard to pick a favourite so I'll just have them all!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Deborah, they are all stunning. Gorgeous colours and styles. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such great cards - such a good way of using ATCs. I love the colour combinations you have used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...