Thursday, 13 September 2012

The Trailblazers by Paula Tidman


 

As summer is coming to an end, I thought I would make a travel themed project.
The frame is a Wendy Vecchi Art Parts and has been painted and inked using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints in Ice Blue, Blue Lagoon and Butternut and some chalk inks and gilders patina and gold paste. I glued on some printed tissue paper from my stash - Tim Holtz Tissue Tape would work equally well.

For the central image, I used B Line Designs Travelers and Postcard Collage stamps and the balloon is from Hero Arts Pastimes set. The travellers and the balloon were stamped first, then masked and then I stamped the postcard collage stamp. I buffed on Distress inks in Spiced Marmalade, Old Paper and Weathered Wood for the background and glued to the frame using Matte Medium.
Finally, I added some chain to complete my frame.
 
Paula

6 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Paula, very classy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always loved the Travelers stamp and your piece sets it off beaufifully, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow loving that fab frame, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's stunning! Wonderful frame and contents...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation Paula and never would have guessed the frame to be Art Parts. All looks stunning.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...