Friday, 14 September 2012

Faux Metal Frame by Laura







Materials used:

Firstly, I covered the plywood frame in lots of different size pieces of the Ranger Metal Foil. I'm a little bit obsessed with this product, so it will be featuring in a few more of my projects!
I then used some metal tools to make various different shapes/dents/holes in the foil and I used the Woodware Pierce It Tool and a bone folder to make the faux stitches. I then covered the whole frame with a tiny amount of the Claudine Hellmuth Studio Mini Paint - Charcoal Black. I just used my finger to spread it roughly over the frame.
When the paint was dry, I buffed it back with a bit of wire wool but I left quite a bit of the paint because I liked how it looked. I then screwed a Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Screw Eye into the frame.
I made the backing card using the Tim Holtz Metallic Stains. I just "splodged" them randomly on white card and then sprayed the card with a mister filled with water.
I then roughly dabbed the Fish Skeleton charm with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain and hung it from the screw eye with fuse wire.
Finally, I attached the backing card to the back of the frame with double sided tape.
 
Laura

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Laura, love the faux stitching and textural effects. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your metal frame looks amazing, Laura. You really know how to use those tools. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...