Friday, 24 August 2012

Underwater Grotto Postcard by Deborah





 

I’ve had Lost Coast Doodle Dolls Set 1 for ages now, and when I saw the Kaisercraft Rock Pool stamps at That’s Crafty! I knew they would go well together.

First I cut some white card and a piece of copy paper to 6” x 4”. I tore the copy paper to make a mask, applied one piece (the roof and sides of the grotto) and sponged on Tumbled Glass Distress ink. Then the other piece, and applied Tattered Rose and Milled Lavender Distress inks.

I stamped the coral, bubbles and seaweed from the Kaisercraft set with Cranberry Adirondack dye ink, Cobalt Archival ink and Pine Needles Distress ink.

On a separate piece of paper I stamped the shell from the Kaisercraft set in Worn Lipstick Distress ink and one of the Doodle Doll mermaids in Cobalt Archival ink and glued them onto the card.

I added more colour using ProMarkers, metallic pens and water soluble pastels, and stamped some more bubbles. I tend to add many layers with the various pens and crayons until I achieve a look I like (also useful for disguising mistakes!) Some of the smaller bubbles are painted with Fresco Finish Acrylic paint - Mermaid.

I inked the words (Crafty Individuals) with Cobalt Blue Archival and stamped, sometimes using an acrylic block and sometimes just by flexing the un-mounted stamp and pressing  a section of the stamp onto the card.

Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah, this is so striking. You have created real depth with your stamping. Beautiful colour combination too. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is definitely a triumph Deborah. LOVE those bubbles. They look so 3D with the text and shadows around them. The colours all work so well together too. Thanks for sharing your talent again. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely adore this! the colour combo is gorg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great effect with the layers of stamping, looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it.There's so much to see in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic layering, and love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...