Thursday, 9 August 2012

Be You - A Card by Deborah






I stencilled through the silhouette poppies on the Crafters Workshop Mini Poppies 6x6 template onto white card, using Aged Mahogany and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, applied with a piece of cut n dry foam. I moved the stencil slightly so create a halo and inked with Crushed Olive Distress Ink. Then I placed the outline poppies from the same template over the top and drew through it with a black ballpoint pen. The words be and you were stencilled using the Aged Mahogany and black pen.
Once dry, I dabbed Crushed Olive and Bundled Sage Distress Stains around the poppies and carefully tore the card, edging it with the Aged Mahogany ink.
I made the poppy embellishment by spraying the same colour distress inks onto a craft mat, spritzing with water, and mopping up the ink with old book pages. You don’t want a book that’s too modern or robust as you need to be able tear it freehand. I secured the layers with a brad, then coloured two die cut leaves with the Bundled Sage and Crushed Olive Distress Stains. I think my die cut leaves are closer to real poppy leaves than the ones in the stencil – either way, best not give this card to a botanist!
I ran a piece of brown card through the Creative Expressions Bark embossing folder, swiped over raised parts with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and cut to fit an off-white square card blank.
Finally I attached all the pieces to the card blank with double sided tape, apart from the leaves for which I used a glue stick.

Deborah

6 comments:

  1. very nice Deb. love the colours and I love poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the offset halo with the inked poppies, fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, rich colours - what a beautiful card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. Texture, colours and composition are wonderful.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the faded feel of this and the mix of negative space

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rustic feel to this Deborah, love those poppies. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...