Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Patchwork Card by Paula Tidman







Seeing as we are having such a dull and dismal time of it, weather wise, I thought I would make a bright and colourful card for my DT project.
I made the background using toilet roll, inks and embossing folders. It is very easy but rather messy. I used plain white toilet roll - about 4 pieces folded and placed in an embossing folder. Spray with Dylusion inks and water until sodden, then run through your embossing machine. I wrap a few sheets of kitchen paper around the embossing folder and plates, to absorb some of the excess water (I would only use a manual machine and NOT an electric one) then leave to dry. I then used more inks to highlight the design then I cut into squares and glued to some card and stitched around the edges.



I stamped Tim Holtz Papillon onto Bo Bunny Gabrielle paper and coloured with the new Distress markers and used some Distress inks around the edges and a little more stitching. I did the same with the other stamp and added a Whimsy ticket sentiment to complete my card.

Paula

14 comments:

  1. Hi Paula this is stunning and so wonderfully colourful. I love these butterflies.....so so gorgeous. Love the background too. Take care and TFS . Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours...certainly bright enough to chase the grey clouds away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique, love the idea!!! Looks stunning and certainly brings cheer to a dull day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning project from Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunning project from Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Paula, must try the toilet roll technique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I will be pulling out my TP! What a brilliant idea! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Paula ! The colours are stunning and the butterflies look 3D ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow your card is totally gorgeous with all its fabulous colours and textures. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! You are encouraging me to be even more messy than I already am!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great vibrant project and a great technique, must give it a go! Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...