Saturday, 28 July 2012

Age of Steam by Deborah







I coloured a square of white card with a Lime Zest ProMarker, then inked over it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink using a piece of cut n dry foam. After drying it with a heat gun, I stamped the train and words from IndigoBlu Grand Tour III plus the clouds from Creative Expressions Create-A-Scene Coastal in Jet Black Archival Ink. I coloured the train with a Berry Red ProMarker and Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain. The clouds were coloured with a Tea Green ProMarker, topped with Faded Jeans Distress Stain. Then I went over the Lime Zest with Wild Honey Distress Stain. Lastly, I edged the card with a Black ProMarker.

I mounted it onto light card that had been run through an embossing folder and coloured with Bundled Sage and Barn Door Distress Stain and Black Soot Distress Ink. I then mounted this onto a black card that had been spattered with paint when I’d been painting something else. I folded and cut it into a card blank.

I attached two tickets from Tim Holtz At the Movies Stamp Set, that were coloured with Distress Stains, with a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Fastener. They looked too big for the card, so I tore them and glued the torn parts on separately.

Deborah

9 comments:

  1. Wow! It's really atmospheric and I love the different layers of stamping, embossing etc. Love steam trains as they are so stylish and this really appeals to me.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card... not a square millimetre without some gorgeous colour, texture or atmospheric detail.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!I love Indigo Blu stamps and they look so good here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deborah love this. Fabulous feel of steam and oil. Would be perfect for my other half. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW love this awesome creation. Wonderful stamps and color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's even better when seen in total. Fabulous colour and it really conveys the atmosphere of steam engines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like the feel of it! The colors and the mood; well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...