Friday, 15 June 2012

Vintage Purse by Paula Tidman








These new JustRite cling stamps are gorgeous and perfect for the vintage projects I enjoy making. They stamp beautifully and leave a very detailed impression, both on paper and fabric. I chose to make a vintage style purse.

 
I stamped the Shabby Chic JustRite Labels 4 set on some fabric that I’d given a couple of coats of gesso with Archival ink. I blasted with my heat gun to set then I coloured the labels with my inktense pencils. On the larger label I drew round an oval die, then zig zag stitched around the outside finally cutting around the shape. The smaller labels were die cut using Spellbinders Labels 4.






The zipped case was also coated with gesso then Fresco Finish Paint in Vintage Lace. I stamped a  text stamp in coffee Archival ink and stamped randomly over the case, then painted a thin wash of the Fresco Finish paint to soften the effect. I stamped several of the stamps from the Justrite Set Greetings from Paris and then used the harlequin Crafters Workshop template.

I glued the fabric labels onto the case using Matte Medium which gives an extremely strong bond and once dry, I sealed the whole case with more Matte Medium. I added some lace around the top to complete the case.


Paula

3 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw these stamps I thought of you, Paula. Amazing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant purse....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...