Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Aloha! by Deborah







This is the kind of cute card I don’t normally make. However, it’s sometimes easy to forget that greetings cards are supposed to please the recipient and their taste might not be yours. I’m not sure that I always follow that rule, but I think it is worth exploring other styles if only to get out of a rut.
I stamped the Hawaiian doll and palm tree from Hero Arts World Dolls stamp set in Jet Black Archival ink and coloured with ProMarkers. I used Dusky Pink for the skin.
The blue, yellow and green cardstock came from my stash. I cut one blue, one yellow in two different sizes of Spellbinders Labels 8. I cut smaller yellow die-cut up to make two layers of sand, and the large blue one roughly in half to provide contrast with the sand.

Deborah

7 comments:

  1. May not be your usual style but they are very cute and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be cute but I really like it, maybe because the theme is a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, the girls are fab and very striking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your girls, its a beautiful summery card Debs, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its goodto work out of our comfort zones at times...think youve done a great job with the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super cute card, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...