Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Shell Seekers Bag by Paula Tidman







I hope you all managed to catch a glimpse of the sun at the weekend.  The sunny weather inspired my Shell seekers bag. As I’m not a sunbather,  I tend to potter about on the beach searching for pretty and unusual shells. On my holiday in France last year, I was spoilt for choice as there were lots of gorgeous shells, this little bag would have been ideal to collect them in.

I made an easy draw string pouch from a scrap of linen and bakers twine. Then I applied two layers of gesso to another scrap of linen, then used the gorgeous Stampendous By The Sea cling stamp and coloured with Inktense pencils. I gave a quick coating of matt medium to seal the image and stitched to my little pouch.


Paula

13 comments:

  1. I love beach themed arts and crafts, Paula, and this is lovely. I'm very impressed with your set dressing too. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful bag and great shells :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great bag... love seaside inspired themes

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely is this? I want one too for collecting shells. Love it to bits Paula. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bag, another one of your lovely projects using inktense pencils on fabric - I love the effect you get. I collected some shells on a french beach last year. I got into serious trouble with my OH though when he realised a couple of them still contained their original inhabitants, although sadly no longer in this world by the time we realised. Oops! I shall be a more careful shellseaker in future! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, a beautiful stamp, a wonderful idea (I am forever collecting things)and I love your stamping on fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice work Paula... its so beautifully coloured in too... very professional looking. I may HAVE to try the inktense pencils ... doing my fabric and nostalgic photos course this week so could do with adding some lovely coloured stamping. wish you were closer, I could come round for a wee lesson...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bag.. what a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love this little bag, I just want to walk along the beach collecting shells with it! Gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your sneak peek bu seeing the whole thing - wow, it is even more gorgeous. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your beautiful bag Paula, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...