Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Sea Themed Card by Deborah






When Laura added some new Kaisercraft stamps to the store, I immediately requested Vintage Fence to play with.  The weathered planks immediately made me think of beaches in Winter, boatyards and lonely estuaries, especially around my native East Anglia.
So I began by stamping the planks in Pumice Stone Distress Ink and embossing with Weathered Wood Distress Embossing Powder. I then stamped the lapwing, a farmland bird that over-winters in and around estuaries, in Weathered Wood Distress Ink and embossed in the same colour. The lapwing stamp was a freebie from Crafty Individuals and appears to be a larger version of the one on their CI345 stamp plate (you’d have to stamp that separately and glue it on the card).
Then I sponged Weathered Wood and Scattered Straw Distress inks and Pan Pastel Chromium Oxide Green Tint, through The Crafter’s Workshop 6x6 Mini Fence Frame, using Cut n Dry Foam.
Lastly, I stamped the quote from IndigoBlu Grand Tour III with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. UPSIDE DOWN!
My plans for a single layer card in tatters, I tore a piece of copy paper, coloured in with Tea Green ProMarker and stamped the quote on top. As you can see, I caught the edges of the rubber but I quite liked the effect so left it as it was, adhering it to the fence with a glue stick.

Deborah

7 comments:

  1. Looks great, love the muted colours and that weathered fence is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of stamps and the colours are beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. Very evocative, beautiful colours and design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful sun bleached effect. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...