Saturday, 12 May 2012

Altered Hook by Deborah





I like trawling charity shops and discount shops to find items to alter. In my local QD, I found some plaques with single hooks attached for 99p each. I removed the hook using a small screwdriver to make it easier to decorate.
The hook and was a rather garish shade of raspberry, so I decided to paint the whole thing with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Mermaid. I did give the piece a light sanding but the beauty of this paint is that you can paint it straight onto paper, card, wood, metal, ceramic and canvas without any primer or undercoat.
I stamped the large roses stamp from Creative Expressions Sheena Douglass Cottage Flowers stamp plate onto a book page with Jet Black Archival Ink, cut it out and coloured it in with ProMarkers. I did the same with the Sweet Pea: Anna Marine’s Spiders Web stamp.
I then glued them on with Modge Podge (you could use Glue N Seal), placing them to fit and then cutting the overlap carefully with a craft knife. I edged the plaque with Encore Ultimate Metallic ink, a Black ProMarker and a little gold leafing pen. I also dabbed a little of the metallic ink on the hook. Lastly, I screwed the hook back on and sealed the whole piece with the Modge Podge (again, you could use Glue N Seal).
Deborah

8 comments:

  1. oh wow its a fabulous makeover......will be going to QD on Monday, lets hope they have some these here as they would make wonderful gifts. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea Deb and great result. (I love those Fresco paints... you can do so much with them!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah, fabulously altered, such a great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab makeover...must check out my local store now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How gorgeous. I love the contrast between the blue paint and the red roses. Brilliant. Something else to add to my basket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! That's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...