Monday, 30 April 2012

Hello Dollies ATC's by Deborah


I've been playing with dolls: Lost Coast Designs Dolls. As they are quite small, I decided to use them on Artist Trading Cards.




Precious:

I painted a coat of Picket Fence Crackle Paint onto an ATC blank and let it dry naturally. I stamped the doll in the bonnet with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink on an off-white paper. Then I masked her and over-stamped with Tim Holtz Flourish COM001, in the same ink.  I tore roughly round the edge and glued it to the painted ATC blank. To finish, I stuck a scrap of cotton lace with thin double sided tape to one edge, then stitched around the edge of the ATC. I used Glossy Accents to glue the buttons in place. I added some Antique Linen Distress Stain to age it.


Keep Calm and Carry On:

I painted an ATC blank with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish: Zesty Zing. Then stamped the sailor-suited doll with Faded Jeans Distress Stain and glued her in place. I masked her and stamped over her with the Tim Holtz Flourish stamp. It didn’t stamp cleanly, but I didn’t mind that. In fact, I stamped again, inking just the edge of the stamp, to make a grungier border.  I filled in some of the space with the phrase, postmark and crown from Kanban’s London set, using Memento Tuxedo Black.


Nothing to Wear:

I stamped the undressed doll onto off-white paper, masked her and stamped with the Tim Holtz Flourish, all with VersaFine Vintage Sepia. I typed out the words with a vintage typewriter font and printed onto regular copy paper stained with Antique Linen Distress Ink.


Deborah

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous ATCs, especially love the vintage blue one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Atc's, I love the yellow one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...