Friday, 9 March 2012

Sew Easy by Paula Tidman







A little sewing themed project from me today. Whilst rummaging around in my crafting drawers, I found a small wooden frame and canvas which I painted in burgundy mat emulsion, then a thin layer of white PVA glue which I left to semi-dry. I then added a top coat of pale pink matt emulsion and voila, it leaves a lovely crackle effect when dry. The same effect can be achieved with the PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints in Very Berry and Vintage Lace and the Fresco Finish Crackle Glaze. I buffed it with Distress Inks in Mahogany and Vintage Photo, finally adding some spray varnish.

The central image the B Line Designs Sewing Cube set, which I stamped, masked and painted with Distress Inks. I added some die cut letters which were painted and distressed with Mahogany and Vintage Photo again. I used a brown marker to add the running stitches, then coated with Glossy Accents, finally adding a wooden dress form with a bow and a vintage pair of scissors embellishment.

Paula

9 comments:

  1. This is absolute pink gorgeousness! Lovely :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make a lovely gift for a sewing friend. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunner Paula and knew this was yours when it popped up in my reader.
    Fabulous textures and detail and the stamping is just gorgeous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! WOW! WOW! This is absolutely STUNNING! Love it!

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Paula and I spotted it as one of yours straight away - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - love All the details and the Way it's framed is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word: gorgeous! Have only found your work since buying April CS so having a nose round at what you do!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous frame. What a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...