Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Let’s Meet for Coffee by Deborah






There is a trend right now for ‘less is more’ when it comes to card making. Clean cards are not my forte. However, I thought I would give it a go. It’s a lot harder than it looks but well worth persevering.
 
First, I stamped my image - from Character Constructions Mannequin Café Plate 15 onto the card blank using Adirondack Pitch Black Dye Ink.
 
Then, on separate piece of paper, I sprayed brown ink – Adirondack Espresso Colour Wash Spray would be perfect - through the Crafter’s Workshop Mini Ringlets Template to make a sea of coffee. Once it was dry, I cut a strip and glued it to the card.
 
I stamped the cup part of the stamp again, on the same card stock as my card blank, and cut it out, then glued it in place.
 
I finished by stamping a sentiment. This one was all I had that fit. Fancy a Cuppa from HOTP Fancy A Cuppa Stamp Sheet would work a treat.


Deborah

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant card, love that stamp. Never tried a less is more style card, would be too hard as I never know when to stop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab, nicely balanced CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely LIM card and that stamp is fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I love every thing about this card, I'm with Netty, that stamp is fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work Debs, see you can even surprise yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful and I, too, love that stamp. You're right, though - LIM cards are MUCH more difficult than just letting rip with your colours and stamps because it's all about design, not colour and that makes you work in a new way - or it does me, lol. You did it brilliantly, though - a great card and fun, too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fabulous and the sea of coffee is such a clever touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Debs. Love that image and the inky panel at the base is fab. I find less is more really hard too as I want to add loads of layers. You've made a great job of yours.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...