Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Dismembering Dorris by Deborah





When Laura sent me the Dylusions Doolally Doriss stamp plate, I immediately stamped all 11 stamps with Adirondack Pitch Black dye ink onto the inside of manila envelope they arrived in - and then set to with my scissors.

I separated the large toadstool from its stalk, and Dorris’s neck, collar and legs from her torso. Her head was already a separate stamp. The toadstool became a skirt and the jester-style collar a hat. I also stamped another neck (without the collar) and the bodice from Kanban’s fabulous Jasper steampunk stamp set.
Once I was happy that all the reassembled elements worked together I coloured them with Promarkers.
For the base of the card, I used some moss green cardstock that’s been kicking around for ages - and for the mattes I turned to my stash of inked and painted papers. The one immediately behind Dorriss is a piece of lightweight card run through an embossing folder (Cuttlebug, I think) and inked over with Cranberry and Lettuce Adirondack dye inks. The orange matte behind that is copy paper sprayed with dye inks.
Once I had glued the various bits of Dorris onto the card, I added a handful of the smaller toadstools at her feet for balance.
Deborah

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Brilliant and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. check you out Debs, getting all creative on us, LOL. brill job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dismembered Doris is looking rather fabulous in her manila outfit, cool idea and beautifully created. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - she looks wonderful! I've been tempted with those stamps too ... only a matter of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great Deb. there's a couple of dylusion stamps i'd like too but like you CC says no.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...