Thursday, 29 March 2012

Customise a Shopping List Pad by Deborah





I bought a pack of 5 shopping list pads at my local 99p shop with the aim of customising the covers to make stocking fillers for this Christmas.

I simply cut lightweight card to size, decorated it and stuck it to the existing cover. I used electrical and parcel tape to cover the black tape at the top.

Left: Stamps from Lynne Perrella 004. I inked the stamps using a layer Adirondack Pitch Black dye ink followed by Adirondack Cranberry. I coloured over the top with Barn Door, Wild Honey, Faded Jeans and Antique Linen Distress Stains.  I used the Pitch Black again with the script stamp.

Centre: This was inspired by the sort of pattern you see in Paperchase. I coloured the card with Antique Linen Distress Stain and stamped the Prima Songbird in Versafine Spanish Moss.

Right
:  When I make background papers with stencils and paint or ink I like to flip the stencil over and stamp again for a reverse effect. I keep pressing the stencil down randomly until all the ink is used up and then re-spray where there are any gaps.  You never know quite what you are going to end up with.  I used That Special Touch Leaves mask with Eco Green Butternut and Eggplant acrylic paints. The bird and circle are Sizzix dies.


Deborah

7 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Deborah. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, simple idea for an extra little present! I think I'll make some myself. The only trouble is - will I find them, when it comes to next Christmas?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. What a clever idea. These would make lovely little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent covers - such inky loveliness x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for stocking fillers. My fav is the blue one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...