Friday, 16 March 2012

Coin Envelope Mini Book by Deborah





I found the instructions for this mini book on Julie Fei-Fan Balzers’s blog:
Julie is the lady who designs so many of those fabulous Crafter’s Worskhop Templates that are all the rage at the moment. So what better way to decorate my mini book, than to use the papers I had made using some of their templates (or stencils) and various inks, Adirondack Color Wash Sprays and Paint Dabbers, Eco Green and Fresco Finish Paints.
I bought my coin envelopes from a 99p shop but they are also available quite cheaply at many high street stationers.
I used a strong glue stick to stick my papers down and edged each page with Pitch Black Adirondack Dye Ink for definition - and to hide any manila envelope edges.
Once I had covered all the pages I started adding die cuts, scraps, stamped images and bits and pieces from my ‘keep to use sometime’ box. Then I created my tags to go inside each page opening - inking, spraying, stamping and gluing scraps. I coloured the string roughly with Distress Stains.





For me, this mini book was about using up scraps and there was no theme or purpose in mind other than that but the possibilities are endless.

Deborah

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous crafting. This is so gorgeously vibrant, with so many beautiful eye catching details. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful book and so well put together. I love the strong colours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all gorgeous creations, loving the vibrant colours and the attention to detail is amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous creation - really love the colours, the detail and especially those lovely little tags. (just blog hopping and found yours - fab!!).
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little envelope book, what a fab way to use up bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are so strong and lively and I love the envelope book

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...