Friday, 24 February 2012

Steampunk Tag by Mandy C




Cut a large tag size 200mm x 95mm. Using Artist Spackle, scrape through the Crafter's Workshop Template - Mini Time Travel and leave to dry... it takes around 20mins.
Then I used Distress Stains in Forest Moss, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Antique Linen, direct to the tag. I lightly spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Aqua Lagoon and dried the tag with a heat gun and then I used some metallic rub ons to enhance some of the raised clocks.



Next I chose which image I wanted to use... this is one I made up using bits and bobs of bodies to create a Steampunk Zetti girl.


I glued the image in place and then stamped ‘illusion’ from the Creative Expressions Vintage Illusion Stamp Set onto paper and cut it out. I then edged with Cats Eye Chalk Ink Pads in Dark Moss and Creamy Brown.  I’ve also used the large cog and the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Vintage Treasures Stamp Set.



I stamped around the edges with Tim Holtz' checkerboard stamp from the Bitty Grunge set and also some splodges from Tim Holtz' Spills and Splatters set. I then used a white pen to highlight areas of the tag and finally, I added a zipper rose.

 


Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Wow! A real stunner Mandy. Love the quirkiness here and all the amazing detail. Fab background too.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spackle background's come up a treat, Mandy. You can chuck out the Polyfilla now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, the background is fab, will have to check out that artist's spackle. very creative. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...