Thursday, 23 February 2012

Spring Card by Alan Scott


It's not often that when you hear something said by a manufacturer that when you get the product into your hands, it's what they said and more.
Well I can only recommend that you get your crafting hands on the glue that IndigoBlu produce called FlitterGlu - IT'S JUST ONE OF THE BEST GLUES I HAVE COME ACROSS WHEN IT COMES TO STAMPING. I don't highly recommend a lot of things but this glue is something that I do. I’m looking forward to making a lot more cards using this product. Right back to the card.

This stamp comes from a set of stamps from Artemio called Stitch Work. As you may have guessed, I just love this style of stamps that they produce. So much so, that I will be making some more cards using 2 more stamp sets from this company. 





MATERIALS NEEDED:

1 x 8ins x 8ins white card base

1 x 7ins x 7ins black card stock

1 x 6.6ins x 6.5ins backing paper complimentary to your colour scheme

1 x 2.5ins x 5ins white watercolouring paper

1 x 9ins green ribbon


Green ink pad and red ink pad (As I was using ProMarkers, l used Memento Lady Bug and Memento Bamboo Leaves)

Red and green ProMarkers

Dimensional or 3D glue




HOW TO MAKE:

First take your black card stock and cut out from the middle a 4ins x 6ins extra piece of card stock. It will be covered up by the backing paper, so why waste good card stock?

Then using the backing paper, secure into place with double sided tape or your normal glue. Then while you have your glue out, place this in the middle of your white card stock. Place to one side.

Now this is the fun part - GLITTER!!!

Cover the large flower stamp with the FlitterGlu and stamp the black card stock in a random manner. At this point, you're making a backing style paper. When you're happy that you have covered the card (don't forget to stamp off the card as well - when doing this, place your card stock onto a piece of scrap paper), secure into place on the backing paper. I went just a little off centre, as when l place my stamped layer, it balances out width wise. There is no rule that says you have to build up in exact placements. Just play with your papers and what your working with. If you're not too sure, then do a little sketch or cut scrap paper into the sizes you want and play with placement.

Now then, let's get all glittered up! Take your glitter and cover the glued images. You will be very surprised at how good your stamped image has be reproduced at this point. I then took a soft brush and just brushed off all the glitter that had not been secured onto the card.

Place this to one side and let's get stamping. When the main flower head had dried, I stamped the image using red ink onto the watercolour card. I also at this point stamped onto some scrap paper so l could make a mask.

Then placing the mask on top of the image, I stamped over making a stem using one of the flourishes. Next, I took the smaller heart stamp and stamped twice as this was going to make leaves.Taking my green ProMarker, I just followed the line of the stitched line and filled in the leaves. I did the same with a soft red ProMarker with the flower.

Taking the Glossy Accents, I flooded the flower making sure I followed the area of the flower.You will have to place this to one side to air dry. When it was dry, I placed the stamped image into the freezer for 15 minutes. Then, I carefully bent the flower head so that the Glossy Accents would break into little lines. Don't worry, it will not fall off the stamped image and this gives the glossy fill an "antique feel".

Now it's time to build the card. The ribbon was secured into place just below centre and then the stamped image was placed on the top layer. You can use the dimension glues that are out there, or your foam tape/pads. Once again I have not put a text layer onto the card, as I did not want it to be just a birthday card. It can be for anything you want. Changing the backing paper and ribbon would give it a completely new feel.

Alan

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Really shows the versatility of the stamp - it looks so different in glitter and then stamped and glossy. Think I might have to put flitter glue on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Alan, have heard of flitter glue, but never tried it before, great techniques and a lovely design. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Alan and it was a big surprise to see you here too.
    Love the glittery floral background paper you've made.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...